By Susan Pigg Business Reporter House sales have softened across the country – Toronto included – although the average price of a home in the GTA continued to edge closer to $500000 in January.
Reuters Canada – 3 hours ago
By Jon Cook TORONTO (Reuters) – Sales of existing homes in Canada fell 4.5 percent in January from December, the Canadian Real Estate Association said on Wednesday, in the latest sign the once hot market is cooling.
- Toronto real estate prices edge closer to $500000 despite market cooling … Toronto Star
- Canadian housing market cools in January CBC.ca
- National Post (registration) Globe and Mail Related articles »
- Toronto tops New York in risk of condo bubble
- Royal LePage says Canadian home prices will rise in 2012 but at a slower pace. Contrasts 2011 bank reports claiming that an overbought Canadian real estate market should drop in value 15% in 2012.
- Toronto real estate: Detached Toronto house hits average $606,600 — up 50.3 per cent in 7 years
- Canada Jan housing starts slow, but above estimates. Building permit issues rise 11.1% in Dec 2011. Policy makers still on alert for housing bubble due to rising prices and heavy low interest debt burden. Building permit values in Greater Victoria (BC) dro …
- BMO denies housing market bubble. Says Canada’s housing market not bubbled but likely to cool, not crash. Refer to Mark Carney’s claim that Canadian housing market overvalued. FT and Bloomberg claim Canada facing subprime mortgage risk.
- New index shows housing market heating up again